DMP Plastering Contractors Nottingham offer commercial and domestic rendering services throughout Nottinghamshire & the East Midlands.
What is rendering?
Rendering weather proofs building walls and allows plastering and construction companies to apply an aesthetically pleasing finish to the wall using a variety of textures.
Breeze blocks are commonly rendered over to create an attractive finish. A float and sponge finish can also be applied to sand cement rendering.
Weather conditions can play with the success of rendering, example frost can create some issues when applying render, and extreme heat also requires a certain approach to protect coats from drying out too quickly.
Our team of Nottingham renderers apply all different types and styles of rendering systems. We do alot of textured finishes and EWI, The most common we get asked to do is monocouche rendering. We apply this on all different types of properties for landlords, private home owners, commercial properties, housing associations and local authorities. Here are the colour ranges they have available…
We are also an EWI applier (external wall insulation)
What is EWI?
External wall insulation involves fixing a layer of insulation material to the wall, then covering it with a reinforcement and a special type of render. The finish is usually a textured render, pebble-dash or sometimes a brick slip or a brick effect render finish could be used.
Key reasons to have it done?
- Can save approx. £475* per property per year (source: Energy Savings Trust)
- Can save approx.1.9 tonnes* of carbon dioxide per year (source: Energy Savings Trust)
- Can be applied with minimal disruption to the household and its occupants
- No internal access is required
- Does not reduce the floor area (living space) of the property
- Improves the appearance of the property – potentially increasing the property’s value
- Improves weatherproofing and sound resistance
- Can make the building more airtight, reducing drafts and heat loss
- Increases the life of the existing property by protecting the existing substrate from the weather
- Reduces condensation on internal walls and can help prevent damp (but will not solve rising or penetration damp)
Where we work
DMP Plastering Contractors Contractors are based in Nottingham and cover all of the East Midlands including Nottingham, Derbyshire, Peterborough, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire, West Midlands